Karolina Wojtasik/HBO; Fabio Lovino/HBO Carrie Coon toldGlamourthat forgoing Botox causes her to "play older" than her actual age of 44 The actress also said she hopes young actors will resist the pressure to undergo cosmetic procedures Coon previously opened up about not having Botox, telling an X commenter that she's "feeling 'fine as hell' and loving my forties" Carrie Coonis getting real about aging in Hollywood. In an interview withGlamourpublished on Monday, June 23, the actress, 44, said that her decision not to get Botox causes her to "play older" than her actual age. "We all have a way we present in the world," she told the outlet. "The perception of me is that I am verbal, intellectual. My voice is lower and I don't have Botox, so I tend to play older than I am." Coon says these attributes have caused her to attract more "complex" roles, such as Bertha Russell inThe Gilded Ageand Laurie in the latest season ofThe White Lotus. The star also shared that she hopes young actors will resist the pressure to undergo plastic surgery and other cosmetic procedures that have become commonplace in Hollywood. "Authenticity is more evocative than any kind of engineering you might consider doing to your face or your body," she said. "Now, this is not the message coming from culture. As a woman who is 44, watching myself in HD is not easy, and it's not comfortable." Kristina Bumphrey/Variety via Getty Coon previouslyresponded to a commenteron X who said she looks"simultaneously 35 and 55" and "old and young"(while also looking "fine as hell"). "Thank you.I totally agreeand I can answer this one: 43, generally healthy, two little kids and not enough rest,no Botox or filler. Have a marvelous day," the Emmy-nominated actress wrote in November 2024. Shefollowed up with another postthat read: "And I'm not trolling you! I really do agree! Feeling 'fine as hell' and loving my forties; some days I'm feeling 35 and some I lean 55, but they are all me." The actress returned to work onThe Gilded Agejust two days after wrappingseason 3 ofThe White Lotusin Thailand. During aTodayshow interview in March, Coon shared how sheachieved "porcelain" skinfor the historical drama series after spending months filming in a tropical climate. The PEOPLE Puzzler crossword is here! How quickly can you solve it? Play now! Karolina Wojtasik/HBO "I was onThe Gilded Age48 hours later," she said. "My skin was supposed to look like porcelain. I mean, they eat arsenic biscuits." Coon'sWhite Lotuscostar Leslie Bibb then interjected, "They did not!" "Yes they did," Coon replied. "And it killed them. Their skin care killed them." Fabio Lovino/HBO Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. Coon had to take drastic measures to evade the Thai sun while shootingThe White Lotus, "We were not allowed to get tan because, remember, the vacation's only a week, even though [filming] is actually six months of our lives," she shared. The actress then explained that she "hid in my room from 9 to 4" and then "would swim in long sleeves and long pants at 5 p.m. when the UV index dropped to 1." Read the original article onPeople